Bhaji Pulao, Layered Pav Bhaji Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29833 times
Love Pav Bhaji? Well, let’s bring the magic of this snack into our lunch and dinner menus too, albeit in a different form!
This innovative Bhaji Pulao features spiced rice, layered with mouth-watering bhaji, and served with crunchy-munchy, tongue-tickling churi papad. A brilliant one-dish meal, the Layered Pav Bhaji Pulao is also a wonderful way to make use of leftover bhaji.
Bhaji Pulao makes a delicious one dish meal , you can serve it along with some raita and kachumber .
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the rice and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions.
- Arrange one portion of the rice evenly in a greased 125 mm. (5") round aluminium tin and press it lightly using a back of a spoon.
- Spread the bhaji evenly over the rice and top with the remaining portion of the rice and press it lightly using a back of a spoon.
- Turn upside down on a serving plate and serve immediately with churi papad.
- If you find it difficult to de-mould the rice, run a knife around the edges of the tin to loosen the rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||333.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.