Pav Bhaji Toast, Toasted Pav Bhaji Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 342 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64897 times
Sometimes ‘old wine is a new bottle’ can be trendy and successful! You will agree with us after trying this scrumptious Pav Bhaji Toast.
The all-time favourite bhaji made of mashed potatoes, tomatoes and onions perked up with pav bhaji masala, is layered atop a slice of toasted bread, topped with cheese, and baked for a few minutes till the cheese melts and coats the bhaji and bread.
With all the charm of pav bhaji, this snack has the added benefit of convenience as it comes in a single, easy-to-serve form!
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while mashing it with help of a potato masher.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
- Place a toasted bread slice on a clean, dry surface, spread ¼ cup of bhaji and spread it evenly. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 7 more pav bhaji toasts.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place a toasted pav bhaji toast on it, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Repeat step 3 to make 7 more pav bhaji toasts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pav bhaji toast
|Vitamin A||263.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.