Moong Dal Toast, Pan- Fried Moong Dal Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 185 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39132 times
A very unique treat, perfect to have for breakfast or as an after-school snack ! A coarse and thick batter of moong dal perked up with crunchy veggies and flavour enhancers like lemon juice, coriander and green chillies, is used as a topping for bread slices.
This enticing arrangement is tava -cooked to perfection, and served with peppy tomato ketchup. This innovative Moong Dal Toast has a fantastic flavour and off-beat texture that will sweep you off your feet.
- Combine the yellow moong dal and enough water in a deep bowl and keep aside to soak for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked yellow moong dal and green chillies in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture using approx. ¼ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the cabbage, onions, asafoetida, besan, baking soda, lemon juice, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with oil.
- Place each open sandwich on the tava (griddle) with the topping side facing downwards and cook using oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cut each toast into 2 diagonally.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||23.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.