Multigrain Bread, Homemade Multigrain Bread
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35693 times
Nothing can beat the flavour, texture and aroma of warm, freshly-baked bread. It is this irresistible appeal that motivates food lovers to bake their own bread at home. Now, here is a Multigrain Bread recipe that will beat all other breads hands-down, with its rustic flavour and homely aroma.
Made of whole wheat flour, millet flours, oats and assorted seeds, this loaf is further topped with mixed millets flour and flax seeds just before baking to deepen the aroma and flavour. Load slices of this Multigrain Bread with veggies to make a sumptuous sandwich , toast it, butter it and serve it with jam , or slice it and enjoy with a tangy dip !
- Combine the yeast, sugar and ¼ cup of warm water in a bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients along with the yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a loose sticky dough using approx. 1½ cups of warm water.
- Place the dough in a greased bread loaf tin of 200 mm. (8”). Wet your fingers and press the dough lightly to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the prepared topping evenly over it, cover it with a dry muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 210°c (420°f) for 20 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 160°c (320°f) and bake it for 10 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once the bread loaf has cooled slightly, de-mould it and cut it into 13 mm. (½“) bread slices.
- Serve or use as required.
Nutrient values per slice
|Vitamin A||8.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.