Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35034 times
A seemingly elaborate procedure, which is actually done in minutes! the baked kand is a lip-smacking preparation of yam slices layered with a green peas mixture, topped with coconut sauce, and baked till the texture is perfect and the aroma irresistible. Indeed, your guests will shower you with praise if you serve this at a party.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green peas, coriander, green chilli paste, lemon juice, sugar and asafoetida, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared chutney, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside.
- In an baking dish, spread half the kand slices, then spread the green peas mixture.
- Cover with the remaining kand slices and finally pour the coconut sauce over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.