Green Pea and Paneer Rice with Coconut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33244 times
Perfectly cooked basmati rice, dotted with vibrant green peas and soft paneer cubes, is layered with a succulent curry of onions in coconut milk, and baked quickly in the Microwave to enhance and fuse the flavours of the curry with the rice.
The aroma of the curry, brought about by a rich paste of spices with coconut and khus- khus, is so deep and enticing it stirs awake the food-lover in you!
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the caraway seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice, green peas, paneer, green chillies and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions.
- Grease a microwave safe dish with ghee and spread 1 portion of the rice evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Pour the coconut curry over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally put all the remaining rice over it, spread it evenly and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Turn the dish upside down on a big serving plate.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||175.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.