Vegetable Rice with Cheese Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 429 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60729 times
Here is a flavourful and kids-friendly rice preparation with a patriotic hue. Kids will love the texture of the cheese sauce topped rice, as well as the colourful garnish of crisp, stir-fried veggies. While this is best had hot, it can also be packed for snack-time.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, salt and 1¼ cups of hot water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, or till the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese slices and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the cheese melts, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the french beans, carrots, sweet corn and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Reheat the rice in a broad non-stick pan, add the cheese sauce and stir-fried vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Vegetable Rice with Cheese Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.