Thai Fried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 616 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89874 times
A vibrantly flavoured green curry paste is at the heart of the Thai Fried Rice. The paste, which is used to flavour both the rice and the coconut sauce, is a blend of myriad flavours derived from tangy lemon, ginger, onions, garlic, coriander and some spices too. Rice cooked with crunchy vegetables, soy sauce and green curry paste is shaped into a ring, which is filled with the flavoured coconut sauce, making this a sumptuous meal that turns out to be an unforgettable experience for the taste buds.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a fine paste, using enough water (approx. ½ cup). Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a kadhai, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, spring onion greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and 2 tbsp of the prepared green curry paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soya sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, spring onion greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt and ¼ cup of water and ½ tsp of the prepared green curry paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Put the rice into a 7? ring mould and spread it evenly.
- Invert the ring over a serving plate and tap sharply to unmould the rice.
- Pour the coconut sauce in the centre and serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Thai Fried Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||611.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.2 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.