Mixed Sprouts Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 451 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100577 times
The Mixed Sprouts Open Toast looks very appealing with its dainty disc-like shape and appetizing toppings. Mixed sprouts perked up with chaat masala and other spice powders emerges as a real chatpata topping perfect for a cold or rainy day, while the abundance of protein, fibre, vitamins and antioxidants makes it all the more desirable. When you cut the roundels from the bread slices, retain the leftover pieces to make whole wheat bread crumbs.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mash lightly using the back of a spoon.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each whole wheat bread slice into a round of 50 mm. (2”) using a cookie cutter.
- Apply ¼ tsp of butter on each bread roundel, arrange them on a baking tray with the buttered side facing upwards and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp.
- Place a toasted bread roundel on a clean, flat surface, put a small piece of lettuce, a portion of the stuffing and 1 tbsp of carrots evenly over it.
- Repeat step 3 to make 7 more open toasts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per open toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.