Mexican Veg Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22714 times
A crispy toast with crunchy veggies, the Mexican Veg Toast will be loved by all!
It is wonderful for kids parties and get-togethers because it is an open toast and the very sight of the crisp bread topped with gooey cheese and colourful veggies like onions, tomatoes, capsicum and sweet corn, is very appetizing!
Moreover, since the veggies are sautéed the aroma is also very strong. The combo of ingredients gives the toast an exotic Mexican touch, which further tempts you to grab a bite!
You can also try other recipes like the Mixed Vegetable Open Toast and the Mushroom Oregano Open Toast Sandwich .
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and capsicum, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, coriander and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after 1 minute.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean dry surface and apply 1 tsp of butter and spread it evenly.
- Put one portion of the prepared corn mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Cut it into 2 pieces. Using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make 6 more toast.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||226.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.