Mushroom Oregano Open Toast Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35909 times
What an experience! Mushrooms sautéed with onions, chillies and aromatic oregano are set atop buttered toast and garnished with tangy tomatoes and parsley, waiting to be bit into, waiting to brush your taste buds with a mélange of flavors, waiting to take you along on a memorable culinary experience that you will want to keep repeating again and again.
The Mushroom Oregano Open Toast Sandwich tastes so out of this world, you will find it hard to believe that you can resist it.
Other then sandwich you can enjoy mushrooms in Mushroom Schezuan Wrap , Mushroom Pizza , Mushroom and Coriander Subzi and Mushroom Brown Rice .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the plain flour and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 more seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, dried oregano and salt and sauté on a high flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mushrooms turn soft.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Trim the edges of all the bread slices and discard them.
- Just before serving, toast the bread slices in a pop-up toaster until crisp and golden brown in colour and apply a little butter evenly on all the toasted bread slices. Keep aside.
- Place a toasted buttered bread slice on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards and spread a portion of the mushroom oregano topping evenly over it.
- Garnish it with 1 tsp of parsley and 1 tbsp of tomatoes evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more open toasts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per open sandwiche
|Vitamin A||309.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.