Mushroom and Coriander Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20358 times
Dhania is a great match for mushrooms! It really perks up the flavour and complements its colour too, making the dish visually and gastronomically appealing. The excitement is multiplied, thanks to a spicy paste of onions and cauliflower, which works well along with fenugreek leaves and garam masala to make this Mushroom and Coriander Subzi a top-ranking main course. Low-fat milk, curds and coriander make this recipe a good source of calcium, while the low-cal benefits of mushrooms make it suitable for weight-watchers too. In short, this dish is not only easy to make and fun to eat, but also healthy for your bones!
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, curds and besan in a deep bowl mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, kasuri methi and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds mixture, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.