Mushroom Brown Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24971 times
Lemon grass imparts a subtly sweet flavour to this thai-inspired potassium rich mushroom rice.
- Wash and soak the brown rice for 2 to 3 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large vessel, add the rice and lemon grass and cook over a medium flame till the rice is done. Drain and discard the water and lemon grass and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the spring onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum, green chillies and red chilli flakes and sauté for a while.
- Add the cooked brown rice and salt and mix gently. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and capsicum and fry for a minute.
- Add the ground paste, lemon juice and sauté for another minute.
- Mix well and finally add the mushrooms.
- Cook till they are soft and all the water has dried.
- Add the cornflour mixture and coriander and toss gently. Keep aside.
- Just before serving heat the sautéed mushrooms in a large kadhai, add the rice to it and toss gently.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.