Cheesy Melba Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15404 times
Melba Toast with a cheesy twist, which will make it even more enjoyable! Here, crispy thin, buttery bread slices are baked with a coating of cheese and a sprinkling of chilli powder. To get the Cheesy Melba Toast right at first try itself, remember two things. The edges of the toasted bread have to be cut with a sharp bread knife while the bread is still hot. Likewise, you need to keep peeping into the oven often when baking, as the thin slices of bread tend to burn easily. Serve the Cheesy Melba Toast fresh and hot with your favourite dip and a cup of tea.
- Toast the bread slices in the pop-up toaster till they turn light brown in colour.
- Remove from the pop-up toaster and trim the edges immediately.
- When cut, cut the bread slices horizontally into two with a sharp bread knife.
- Then, cut the bread slices diagonally.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface, apply little butter on the soft side of the bread slice, and sprinkle little cheese and chilli powder evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||10.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.