baked poha recipe | poha in oven | baked beaten rice with spices |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 460 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 190658 times
baked poha recipe | poha in oven | baked beaten rice with spices | with 22 amazing images.
Poha is a preferred and one of the most popular breakfast snacks in Maharashtra and other parts of India too, because it is tasty, filling and versatile too. Atleast, once in a week poha is made for breakfast in every other Indian household.
You can prepare a variety of dishes using poha ranging from upma to vada. Here is an innovative Baked Poha which is way different from the regular batata or kanda poha. The method of cooking varies and also the colour as we have not used turmeric in the baked poha recipe. Though, the recipe might look different the taste does wonders.
To make baked poha recipe, we have started by soaking semolina, followed by washing poha under running water. Transferred the poha in a bowl and have added soaked semolina, curds, coriander, green chilies, sugar, salt and lemon juice. You can also add the lemon juice at the end if you wish to and skip this step. Mix well and spread in a greased baking dish. Further, we have prepared a tempering by heating oil in a non-stick pan and have added mustard seeds and asafoetida. Once cooked, pour over the poha mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven on 200 C for 15-20 mins. Garnish baked poha with coriander and enjoy with a hot piping cup of masala chai!
Here, we have skipped the traditional method of cooking poha on stove and rather baked it in an oven.
Beaten rice flakes are fortified with curds, lemon juice and other ingredients, supplemented by soaked semolina, and baked in an oven till it cooks and the flavours fuse. You will enjoy the texture and flavour of this unique dish.
Make sure you have baked poha immediately.
Enjoy baked poha recipe | poha in oven | baked beaten rice with spices | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- Combine the semolina and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Wash the poha in running water for a few seconds. Drain and keep aside.
- Transfer the poha into a deep bowl, add the soaked semolina, curds, coriander, green chillies, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Spread this mixture evenly in a greased baking dish and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and mix well.
- Pour this tempering evenly over the poha mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400 °f) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the baked poha immediately garnished with coriander.
Baked Poha Video by Tarla Dalal
Baked Poha recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.