Masala Omelette Pav, Mumbai Roadside
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6958 times
Masala Omelette Pav is one of the classic street foods of Mumbai, which packs the sumptuousness of omelettes into a handy sandwich form.
Perfectly cooked omelettes are sandwiched between buttered and toasted ladi pav. A sprinkling of onions perks up the texture of the Masala Omelette Pav while a dash of garam masala boosts the flavour.
This is a filling snack that syncs perfectly with the desi psyche. A must-try!
You can also try other Mumbai roadside recipes like the Mysore Masala Dosa and Pani Puri .
- Crack the eggs in a deep bowl and beat well using a fork.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava( griddle) , grease it with ¼ tsp oil, pour a ladleful of the mixture on it and tilt the tava slightly and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes using ½ tsp of oil evenly over it.
- Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more omelettes. Keep aside.
- Slit the ladi pavs and apply 1 tsp of butter on both the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava ( griddle) and cook a ladi pav on both the sides till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place a ladi pav on a clean, dry surface, sprinkle little garam masala on both the sides of the ladi pav and sprinkle 1 tbsp of onions on the lower side of the ladi pav.
- Cut an omelette into 4 equal portions.
- Place the 4 pieces of the omelette over the lower halve of the ladi pav above the onions.
- Close the pav and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more masala omelette pavs.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per omelette pav
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.