Added to 1760 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1591962 times
A hurried meal for the man in the street. This is a spicy blend of vegetables in tomato gravy served with pav that is cooked with butter.
This is truly an innovation that arose out of the necessity of providing a nice hot meal in a hurry and one that tickles the taste buds.
When I am lazy to cook on an entire meal for my family, pav bhaji in one of the first few dishes which comes to mind. It is easy to cook and also filling.
Round it off with a slice of kulfi or a scoop of ice-cream .
- Combine the cauliflower, green peas, carrot and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower mixture along with the water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slit 2 pavs vertically and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add 1 tbsp of butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to cook more pavs. Keep aside.
- Serve the bhaji hot with pavs, onions and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.