Khada Pav Bhaji, Restaurant Style Pav Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3774 times
‘Khada’ mean whole and not mashed, which explains the difference between this and the regular pav bhaji. Although it has the same tongue-tickling and invigorating taste, the veggies are not mashed to a pulp in this variant.
This gives a different consistency and mouth-feel to the dish, while also letting you enjoy the singular taste of each veggie that goes into the bhaji.
While making this, make sure you just lightly mash the cooked veggies once or twice and not much, because then you will not get the authentic taste and texture.
Make sure you heat the khada bhaji well before serving it with buttered and roasted pavs.
You can also try other recipes like Tava Pulao or Masala Pav .
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, green peas, potatoes, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while mashing it lightly with a masher. Do not mash it too much as we need whole vegetables.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slit all the ladi pavs.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a non-stick tava (griddle) , put ½ tsp pav bhaji masala, place 2 slit ladi pavs on it and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 2 to cook 6 more ladi pavs in 3 more batches.
- Just before serving, re-heat the khada bhaji and serve with pavs, onions and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||907.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||51.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.