Tava Pulao, Tawa Pulao Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 322 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 273107 times
Tava pulao, another quick treat off the Pav Bhaji cart! This delicious pulao is prepared in advance by the vendor, and shares a place on the pav bhaji tawa.
It is swiftly portioned out onto serving plates when the orders flow in, to appease the severest of hunger shots.
Serve with accompaniments like Raitas / Kachumber and roasted papad .
- Heat the butter on a large tava (griddle), add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chilli-garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- And the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and again cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Preferably use a potato masher to mash the vegetables lightly.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and 1/4 cup of water, mix welland cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Tava Pulao Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.