Restaurant Style Tomato Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 578 times
Restaurant-Style Tomato Pulao is an all-time favourite recipe all over the country.
Tantalizingly tangy with a balanced touch of spices, this pulao has a distinct flavour, which everybody loves.
It is loaded with veggies, which give it a vibrant mouth-feel. You will surely enjoy the mix of flavours and textures in this dish.
It can be served as a one-dish meal, with a cup of curds or raita. You can also try other pulao recipes like Soya and Vegetable Pulao or Pudina Pulao.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato cubes and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato pulp, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.