Pudina Pulao Recipe, Spicy Mint Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7911 times
Bursting with a peppy flavour, the Pudina Pulao is a delightful one-dish meal , which you can just serve with a cup of curds.
Flavoured with a tempering of spices and a zesty paste of aromatic herbs like coriander and mint, this rice dish is totally awesome.
Tomatoes add a tinge of tanginess to this dish, accentuating the cheerful aroma and taste of the herbs. The Pudina Pulao is also easy to make as it is pressure-cooked, and also made with just common ingredients.
You can include it as part of your everyday cookbook. Enjoy this spicy rice hot and fresh with a cup of curds.
You can also try other pulao recipes like Sevaiyan Pulao or Shahi Pulao .
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Soak the rice in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes,. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, little salt and 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mix it gently and serve hot with curds.
Pudina Pulao Recipe, Spicy Mint Rice recipe by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||447 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.