by Tarla Dalal
Added to 436 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92764 times
The presence of the word Shahi always hints at the richness of a recipe.
Indeed, the Shahi Pulao is a dish that is loaded with spices, veggies and a horde of other ingredients, which give it a memorable flavour and texture.
While an assortment of spices including saffron and caraway seeds gives this rice preparation a rich aroma, taste and hue, veggies, pineapple and paneer give it a wonderful range of textures.
Pineapple also gives the dish a juicy tanginess, which you are sure to enjoy. Self-contained with myriad flavours, this one-dish meal can be served with just a bowl of curds or raita .
- Combine the saffron and 1 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, caraway seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, paneer, cauliflower and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple, rice, saffron-water mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander, cashewnuts and raisins and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||98.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.