Paneer Tikka Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 338 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32782 times
This festive season surprise your loved ones with this exotic Paneer Tikka Pulao. The juicy paneer and vegetables are marinated in a dense blend of curd and spices, before being cooked on a tava, and finally tossed in with the rice to make a finger-licking delicacy.
- Combine the thick curds, besan, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, coriander,salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and mix well to prepare a marinade.
- Add the paneer, capsicum and onions to it, mix gently and keep aside tomarinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the paneer, onions and capsicum on 4 skewer sticks.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil on a non-stick tava (griddle)and cook the paneer tikkas for 4 to 5 minutes or till they are lightly browned from all the sides. Remove from the skewers and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves, bayleaf and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the rice and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 15 minutes or till the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Separate each grain of rice very lightly with a fork and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer tikkas and rice, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of mint.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.