Chinese Pav Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15111 times
A fusion of Indian and Chinese cooking styles, the Chinese Pav Bhaji is an invigorating snack that everybody will love. Ginger extract, chillies in vinegar and soy sauce come together with a medley of veggies and boiled noodles to make a jazzy accompaniment for buttered pav.
It has an unmistakable Oriental touch, quite different from the regular Pav Bhaji , which has the flavours of onion, garlic, tomatoes and pav bhaji masala. When you want to cook something innovative, try this recipe – and everybody will surely enjoy the difference.
- Combine the ginger and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and saute on a meidum flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot, bean sprouts, ginger-water mixture, chillies in vinegar, chilli oil, chilli garlic paste, soy sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occsionaly.
- Add the noodles, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with buttered pav.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||469 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||36.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.