Lauki ka Raita, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74895 times
Revel in the cooling effect and goodness of doodhi and protein-rich curds, in one single dish! While you might worry that using doodhi alone might result in a mushy raita, some smart moves make this version a lot more exciting.
Onions, green chillies and ginger are cooked along with the doodhi to give the raita a rich texture and aroma, while crushed peanuts further add to the flavour and mouth-feel. A traditional tempering is the final stroke, which makes the Lauki ka Raita absolutely aromatic and appealing to the palate.
Serve with Lazeez Parathas and Bajra, Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi .
- Combine the bottle gourd, onions, green chillies, ginger and 3/4 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till all the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the curds, peanuts and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the curds-bottle gourd mixture and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.