Top 20 Indian Gobi (Cauliflower) Veg Recipes
top 20 gobi recipes. top 20 cauliflower recipes. Cauliflower is one vegetable that is available in plenty in the market throughout the year. White in colour and shaped like a flower, this vegetable has a milky, sweet, almost nutty flavour. Cauliflower (Gobi), a cruciferous vegetable, is in the same plant family as broccoli, kale, cabbage. When broken apart into separate buds, cauliflower looks like a little tree.
If you do end up buying it, be happy, because it is a handy and healthy veggie. It is a low carb veggie which is a weight watchers’ delight. Rich in vitamin C and K, it builds our immunity and strengthens bones. It can help us prevent cancer too. Read 10 Benefits of Cauliflower.
This humble vegetable not only fits aptly into a range of dishes but also provides many health benefits. Cauliflower can be used to make Soups, Subzis and Pulaos to Parathas and Snacks. What is more, it can also be used in continental recipes, and innovatively used to thicken sauces and gravies instead of unhealthy plain flour.
1. Cauliflower Vatana Nu Shaak is a subzi made by combining two regularly used vegetables. It makes a simple meal when eaten with rotis or rice.
Gobi Vatana Subzi, Cauliflower Vatana Nu Shaak
2. For vegetarians, after paneer, cauliflower is widely used to make mouth-watering Indochinese appetizers. Gobi 65 a popular veg version is made by deep-frying cauliflower florets coated with a tongue-tickling batter of flours and masalas.
Gobi 65 Recipe, Indian Cauliflower Fried Starter
3. Other than that, Gobi Manchurian a spicy starter with sharp tinges of ginger and garlic and crunchy fried cauliflower florets.
4. You can even deep-fry florets till crispy in texture and toss in schezuan Sauce. Cauliflower in Schezuan Sauce is a delight to bite on a chilly winter’s evening.
Cauliflower in Schezuan Sauce
5. Punjabi's are an ardent lover of Gobi and it is abundantly available in all over Punjab. From parathas to achaar, they make them all. Try these Gobi parathas with some curd, pickle and gulp it down with a tall glass of sweet lassi.
Gobi Paratha, Punjabi Gobi Paratha
6. Amritsari Gobi Mutter features the popular duo of cauliflower and green peas, in a rich, white gravy.
Amritsari Gobi Mutter
7. Create a continental meal by serving this Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with a main course or sandwich. Gobi, potatoes and onions make a winning combination with rich flavour and earthy aroma.
Amritsari Gobi Mutter
8. Bake this Cauliflower and Broccoli Pie, the pie crust has a soft texture, which perfectly complements the gooey, cheesy filling.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Pie
9. Apart from the florets, Cauliflower leaves are also used in salads, soups and some people even make vegetable from it. They are green crisp leaves that have a strong flavour. Try this easy and tasty starter Cauliflower Greens Mixed Sprouts Tikki made using mixed sprouts. They are rich in iron, protein and calcium.
Cauliflower Greens Mixed Sprouts Tikki
10. Cauliflower can be used innovatively to make a Cauliflower and Spinach Dip. Made with all healthy ingredients, it lends only 26 calories per tbsp. Serve with cucumber and carrot sticks and you are set for a healthy snack.
Cauliflower and Spinach Dip
11. Cauliflower is loaded with nutrients, especially vitamin C. It is perfect food for babies in weaning stage. Try Cauliflower Broccoli Mash for Babies. The bright green colour of this puree is sure to attract babies.
Cauliflower Broccoli Mash for Babies
12. Crispy Fried Cauliflower is a starter which you mush have definitely tried at restaurants. Now make it in your own kitchen. Serve it with salsa for a party.
Crispy Fried Cauliflower
13. When you are looking for a quick recipe, turn to Quick Stir-fry Cauliflower. Indian cauliflower stir fry recipe is a simple recipe which can be enjoyed as main meal for lunch or dinner or even evening snack time. It is quick to make too, thus named 15 minute cauliflower stir fry.
Quick Stir Fry Cauliflower
14. Stuffed Parathas are very famous. We have tweaked it slightly to make Stuffed Cauliflower Puris. It’s indeed exotic and can be served for parties and get-together.
Stuffed Cauliflower Puri
15. Creamy Cauliflower is yet another Indian sabzi ready in 10 minutes. It is a soothing, mild gravy which can be served with chapatis.
16. And if you want a complete health boost with gobi, then try the healthy Grilled Cauliflower. It is easy and quick to make, and happily healthy too – with lots of fibre and less of carbohydrates along with healthy fat from olive oil. Make sure you serve it immediately.
Grilled Cauliflower Recipe
17. How about Gobi Pakoda on a rainy evening. Fresh cauliflower florets, coated with a masaledar batter and deep-fried to a perfect crispness. The sprinkle of chaat masala on top is an added flavour boost. Serve them with spicy green chutney.
Gobi Pakora, Cauliflower Pakoda
18. Gobi Methi Sabzi is an interesting sabzi which is a real treat for your palate. An everyday fare, made with basic ingredients like onions, green chillies and common spices found in our masala dabba.
19. Cauliflower shows its presence in rice delicacy too. Paired with potatoes and basmati rice and pressure cooked till done. The aroma of this Aloo Gobi Pulao is sure to spread in the whole house when you cook it for a comforting dinner.
20. Phudina Gobi is a healthy starter. Marinated in a mint-coriander paste and sautéed in very little butter, it is brimming with the goodness of vitamin C and fibre from cauliflower and vitamin A from phudina paste, all without too many calories.