Cauliflower in Schezuan Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 326 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73769 times
When you want to make something much more peppy than plain cauliflower bhajiyas, try this tongue-tickling Cauliflower in Schezuan Sauce. The batter of cornflour and maida makes the cauliflower really crunchy upon deep-frying, while the gravy of spring onions, Schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup, etc., gives it an irresistible flavour. Make sure you serve this immediately on preparation, before the cauliflower florets become soggy. This easy Chinese recipe can be served as a starter at parties, provided you can serve it immediately, else you can try it as an after-school snack or a special addition to dinner.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, dip a few cauliflower florets in the prepared batter and deep-fry till golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the fried cauliflower, toss gently and cook on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.