Cauliflower and Broccoli Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24258 times
A homemade pie crust houses a creamy filling of cauliflower and broccoli in white sauce, flavoured with pepper and covered with cheese, ready to be baked into a delicacy that none can resist! The pie crust has a superb melt-in-the-mouth texture, which perfectly complements the gooey filling.
Just make sure the white sauce is thick enough; otherwise it will ooze through the short crust pastry and make the Cauliflower Broccoli Pie soggy and difficult to eat. Serve the pie immediately to relish the awesomely cheesy texture!
A bowl of your favourite soup and a slice of Cauliflower and Broccoli Pie will team up well for a satiating meal.
- Sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1½ tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough
- Roll out the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, white sauce, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Fill the mixture in the short crust pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 4 equal wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1605.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.