Creamy Cauliflower Sabzi, Malai Gobhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 423 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53403 times
creamy cauliflower sabzi recipe | malai gobhi | easy Indian cauliflower sabzi | 10 minutes cauliflower sabzi.
creamy cauliflower sabzi recipe | malai gobhi | easy Indian cauliflower sabzi | 10 minutes cauliflower sabzi is a simple everyday sabzi which can be served with phulkas. Learn how to make malai gobhi.
To make creamy cauliflower sabzi, firstly make a paste of roughly chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and salt. Heat the oil in a pan, saute some finely chopped onions followed by green chillies and tomatoes. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cornflour-water mixture and again cook for 2 minutes. Remember to keep stirring it continuously here. Add the paste and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes. cauliflower sabzi is ready for serving.
Malai gobhi is a creamy, soothing curry made with cauliflower, onions and tomatoes in a mildly-flavoured white base. Onion, ginger and chillies together give the curry a very pleasant flavour without any overpowering spices.
It is interesting to note that the ‘creamy’ consistency in this easy creamy cauliflower sabzi is brought about using a combination of cornflour and milk, and without typically rich ingredients like butter or cream; thus reducing its calorie and fat count.
Enjoy creamy cauliflower sabzi recipe | malai gobhi | easy Indian cauliflower sabzi | 10 minutes cauliflower sabzi.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend well to a smooth paste using little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower florets and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paste and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Creamy Cauliflower Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||428.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||48.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.9 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.