Aloo Gobi Ka Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 260 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 81280 times
Soft potatoes and cauliflower florets are sautéed with cinnamon, dry ginger and turmeric and other spices and then pressure-cooked with rice for a tasty one-dish dinner. Served hot garnished with mint springs for a comforting dinner.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for approx. 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon.
- When they crackle, add the turmeric powder, dry ginger powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, potatoes and cauliflower.
- Sauté for 2 minutes and then add the rice.
- Sauté for 2 more minutes, add 3 cups of hot water and salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening. Separate each grain of rice very lightly with a fork.
- Garnish with the mint springs and serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||78.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.