Gobi Pakora, Cauliflower Pakoda
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9189 times
Fresh cauliflower florets, coated with a masaledar batter and deep-fried to a perfect crispness, the Gobi Pakora is one tea-time snack that has withstood the test of time and crossed geographical boundaries too.
It is available all over the country, even in small tea-stalls. Especially during the monsoon and winter months, there is a great demand for this crunchy pakora with a soft centre!
Indeed, the Gobi Pakora deserves this fame. Try it and you will agree with us! The best part is that this easy pakora needs just common ingredients, so you can make it any time you wish.
Try other monsoon delights like the Khichdi Pakodas or Bread Bhajiya .
- Combine the cauliflower, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, asafoetida, and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using your hands. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the besan, rice flour, carom seeds, baking soda, ½ cup of water and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip a few cauliflower pieces in the prepared batter and drop it in hot oil. Deep-fry on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chaat masala evenly over it.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.