Crispy Fried Cauliflower
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 313 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51999 times
Crispy Fried Cauliflower served with salsa is an experience perfect for snack lovers. Parboiled florets of cauliflower, coated with a plain flour batter and rolled in bread crumbs are deep-fried to produce a crunchy snack that is soft and succulent inside.
This mildly flavoured snack together with pungent salsa makes a perfect Mexican starter . What is more, the salsa is so easy to prepare, so you can prepare it even on a short notice. Just ensure that you serve this combo soon after preparation.
You can also try other Mexican starters like Mexican Tarts with Refried Beans and Sour Cream and Guacamole Onion Rings .
- Parboil the cauliflower florets in salted water. Drain well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, prepared the paste and salt in a deep bowl along with approx. 1 cup of water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Dip the cauliflower florets one by one in the batter and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry a few at time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with salsa.
Crispy Fried Cauliflower Video
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||100.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||15 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.