Gobi Methi Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14028 times
Methi is a fabulous ingredient, which adds josh to even humble veggies like the cauliflower. With a splash of spice powders, and peppy ingredients like ginger and garlic, the Gobi Methi Subzi is a real treat for your palate.
It is quite simple to make, and if you follow the instructions properly, you can enjoy a subzi that has a fabulous texture apart from a fascinating flavour.
We have parboiled the gobi initially, so that it comes to the right texture, without getting mushy, after being sautéed with the flavour-givers. Relish the Gobi Methi Subzi hot and fresh.
Serve Gobi Methi Subzi hot and fresh with dal and rotis or parathas .
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the salt, turmeric powder and cauliflower, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes or till the cauliflower florets are parboiled.
- Drain the cauliflower and keep aside.
- Combine the fenugreek leaves and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander-cumin seeds powder, sugar, green chillies and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.