Top 10 Indian Cabbage Recipes, ten best Patta gobi recipes
Top 10 Indian Cabbage Recipes. Best gobi recipes. Cabbage is a humble leafy vegetable and a marvellous food item. It is a vegetable round in shape, consisting of layers of thick leaves that grow around each other from the stem. It is versatile enough to turn into fresh salads, spicy stuffing, and zingy accompaniment. As inexpensive as cabbage is, it is one of the richest when it comes to vitamins. Apart from this, the vegetable is loaded with antioxidants which strengthens the immunity. The most common is the light green or white head variety, other than that it is available in red, and purple in colour.
Here are the top 10 patta gobhi recipes on tarladalal.com which is viewed by several million food lovers. If you have your own favourite top 10 Indian cabbage recipes then please comment on the recipe you love at the bottom of this article.
1. Cabbage Pakoda : Looking for a quick snack on a rainy day? Deep-fry these Cabbage Pakoda and enjoy with a cup of masala chai. Cabbage and coriander, held together with besan and spiced with chilli powder, make awesome pakodas, which taste great with green chutney.
2. Cabbage Pararthas : You can even make stuffed Cabbage Parathas with a mixture of cabbage and cottage cheese flavoured with coriander and green chillies. These toothsome parathas are made of nutritious whole wheat flour dough, and stuffed with a scrumptious mixture of cabbage and cottage cheese flavoured with coriander and green chillies.
3. Cabbage vatana nu shaak : Cabbage Vatana Nu Shaak is an authentic Gujarati subzi made by combining two regularly used vegetables. Cabbage vatana nu shaak is an easy and quick vegetable recipe with the combination of two regularly used vegetables. In this shaak cabbage and green peas are cooked with Indian spices.
Cabbage Vatana Nu Shaak
4. Cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich : We have got a unique recipe for you which is cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich. Although both cabbage and paneer are bland ingredients, the hints of green chillies and coriander lace it with an enticing flavour, and the overall effect is rather pleasing to the palate. Cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich is kid friendly and is also a healthy way of including cabbage to your child's meal. The method of making cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich is quite easy and quick, you can also make it when you have guests coming over suddenly.
Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich
5. Cabbage Salad : This salad is cabbage through and through, with dark green speckles of green chillies and coriander here and there. Yet, this crunchy high fibre Cabbage Salad is so tasty, you will see people reach for more helpings of it. We will let you in on the little secret. A tangy dressing with black salt, lemon juice and spice powders, is the magic spell that transforms simple cabbage into such a singularly wonderful salad! Try it to believe it.
6. Cabbage Rice : Made quickly with minimal ingredients, this delectable cabbage rice preparation is extremely satiating. Loaded with nutritious veggies like cabbage, capsicum and onions, flavored simply with pepper, and pepped up with a generous sprinkling of cheese. The Cabbage Rice has a nice texture and a pleasant mouth-feel. Have it hot and fresh!
Cabbage Rice ( Microwave Recipe)
7. Cabbage and Dal Parathas : This one dish meal of cabbage dal parathas is a great combination of cereals, pulses and vegetables. A horde of other ingredients like mint leaves, fennel seeds, amchur, ginger and finely chopped onions enhance the taste of these parathas. Cabbage being low in sodium and potassium is quite beneficial for those with high blood pressure. Just measure the amount of salt as mentioned in the recipe and they are ready to enjoy a hearty meal. One Cabbage and Dal Paratha can be enjoyed by diabetics with a bowl of low-fat curds, to add a wee-bit of protein and set off the carb content. To make it more nutritious, you can use ½ cup of wheat flour and ¼ cup of oats flour instead on using only wheat flour.
Cabbage and Dal Parathas
8. Cabbage and carrot kachumber : Contrasting shades of white and orange dotted with splashes of green, this Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber is a real riot of colours! So attractive it looks that you cannot help grabbing a spoonful. Once you do, you are in for a real treat, because this recipe also explores a wide range of flavours ranging from tangy to spicy, with ingredients such as lemon juice, green chillies and coriander-cumin seeds powder too! As always, a pinch of asafoetida further enhances the flavour of the Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber, making it a delight to munch on!
Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber, Kobi and Gajar Kachumber
9. Cabbage and Jowar Muthia : Muthias are an all-time favourite snack for Gujaratis, but for some people they may be very new. These are steamed dumplings that can be made with 2 or 3 kinds of flour combinations and can be flavoured with different vegetables like methi, mooli (radish), bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki) etc. This Cabbage and Jowar Muthia version uses cabbage and jowar flour to provide you with plenty of fibre and flavour. You can try eating these to lower down your caloric intake but do remember to limit the oil used for the tempering.
Cabbage Jowar Muthias
10. Cabbage and Paneer Rolls : Cabbage and Paneer Roll is a sumptuous treat with a peppy flavour. The crunch of grated cabbage and spring onions together with the succulence of crumbled paneer gives these rolls an awesome mouth-feel, while a dash of hot chilli sauce gives it a spicy twist. The delectable filling is housed inside crispy bread rolls, which taste too good when made the right way, as described here.
Cabbage and Paneer Rolls
Benefits of Cabbage, Gobi
Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.