Cabbage Rice ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cabbage Rice ( Microwave Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 216 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28005 times
Want a tasty and wholesome meal, but not in the mood to make anything elaborate? Well, this Cabbage Rice is just what you need! Made quickly with minimal ingredients, this delectable rice preparation is extremely satiating. Loaded with nutritious veggies like cabbage, capsicum and onions, flavored simply with pepper, and pepped up with a generous sprinkling of cheese, the Cabbage Rice has a nice texture and a pleasant mouth-feel. Have it hot and fresh!
- Clean and wash the rice. Soak in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the grated onions and butter in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 2 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stirring twice in between after every 4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, capsicum, pepper powder and half of the cheese, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Allow it to stand for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the remaining cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||243.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.