Cabbage and Dal Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 111 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107658 times
This one dish meal is a great combination of cereals, pulses and vegetables. A horde of other ingredients like mint leaves, fennel seeds, amchur, ginger and finely chopped onions enhance the taste of these parathas.
Cabbage being low in sodium and potassium is quite beneficial for those with high blood pressure. Just measure the amount of salt as mentioned in the recipe and they are ready to enjoy a hearty meal.
One Cabbage and Dal Paratha can be enjoyed by diabetics with a bowl of low-fat curds, to add a wee-bit of protein and set off the carb content.
To make it more nutritious, you can use ½ cup of wheat flour and ¼ cup of oats flour instead on using only wheat flour.
Try other healthy recipes like Healthy Oats Dosa and Low Salt Mooli Roti.
Enjoy how to make Cabbage and Dal Parathas recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make the dough for cabbage and dal paratha, combine the flour and salt together in a bowl and add enough water to make soft dough.
- Knead well for 3 to 4 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the fennel seeds in it for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the green chillies and cabbage and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the moong dal, mint leaves, turmeric powder, amchur, salt, 1 tbsp of water and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minute.
- Remove from the flame divide into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of about 100 mm. (4") diameter using a little flour for rolling.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook on a non-stick pan on both sides using ¼ teaspoon oil until brown spots appear.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 4 more cabbage and dal parathas.
- Serve the cabbage and dal parathas hot.
Cabbage and Dal Parathas Videos by Tarla Dalal
Cabbage and Dal Parathas recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.