by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 113414 times
These toothsome parathas are made of nutritious whole wheat flour dough, and stuffed with a scrumptious mixture of cabbage and cottage cheese flavoured with coriander and green chillies.
The Cabbage Parathas are a good source of antioxidant compounds that fight against free radicals. Besides this, it is also rich in vitamin C. You can vary the portions to have it as a snack , or as a wholesome meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Sprinkle little salt over the cabbage and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from the cabbage, add the paneer, coriander, green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.