Stuffed Cauliflower Puri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16759 times
What a wonderful way to eat cauliflower! When combined with peanuts and coconut, cauliflower sheds its unpleasant smell and transforms into a delicacy.
These stuffed cauliflower puris are indeed exotic and unique and can be served at parties too. But, remember they are Deep-fried Delights , so keep a tab on how much you eat, tempting though it is.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Knead for 5 minutes, cover and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thin circle with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put one portion of the stuffing in the centre and close the edges to cover the stuffing completely. Roll out again into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Repeat with the remaining portions and stuffing to make 7 more stuffed puris.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||63.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.