Top 10 Indian Veg Onion Recipes
Onions may bring a tear to your eye, and pungency to your breath, but they will most certainly bring delight to your taste buds. Onions are a staple food in India, and are therefore fundamental to Indian cooking. They are commonly used as a base for curries, or made into a paste and eaten as a main course or as a side dish.
Top 10 Onion Recipes
1. Uttapa deserves to be called an Indian pizza as it lends itself to several toppings, the most popular being crisply cooked onions. Onion Tomato Uttapa is a sumptuous South Indian snack, often had for breakfast or dinner with chutney and sambhar.
Onion Tomato Uttapam
2. Koki is an Indian bread from the Sindhi repertoire, which is made of whole wheat flour dough combined with crunchy onions, coriander and other ingredients.
Kali Mirch Koki, Sindhi Koki for Travelling
3. Laccha Onions are onion rings marinated in lemon juice/vinegar. It is the most common accompaniment with kebab platters and other appetizers. Make sure you toss in the masalas just before serving to avoid onions to lose out all the flavour.
Lachha Onion Recipe, Onion Ring Accompaniment
4. Onion Tomato Koshimbir is another essential accompaniment for a Maharashtrian thali. The sweet and sour flavour is refreshing and enhances the taste of the meal.
Onion Tomato Koshimbir
5. A quick blend of onion, pudina with coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger will result into an Onion Pudina Chutney that can be used in the preparation of several recipes including chaat, sandwiches and complements well with an Indian meal.
Onion Pudina Chutney, Onion Phudina Chutney
6. What are burgers without a side of onion rings? Incomplete. Fluffy and super crispy Onion Rings is surely one of the top 10 Indian Onion recipes. It is an irresistible snack.
Onion Rings ( Burgers and Smoothies)
7. Fulfil your evening food cravings with this Onion, Tomato and Cheese Open Toast, the ingredients are readily available and takes no time to cook.
Onion, Tomato and Cheese Open Toast
8. Onion and Karela Subzi is perked up not just by the pungency of onions, but also by the aroma of roasted sesame seeds and the tanginess of amchur powder. A combination of onion, cheese and pepper, when mixed with whole wheat flour and rolled into scrumptious paratha, will lead to a wholesome breakfast.
Onion and Karela Sabzi
9. Onion, Cheese and Pepper Parathas tastes best with curd and a pickle. Try this top 10 Indian Onion recipe for Sunday lunch.
Onion, Cheese and Pepper Parathas
10. Mini Onion Samosa is sure to relished by one and all. Served with green chutney and sweet chutney , it will be finished in no time.
Mini Onion Samosa