Onion Rings ( Burgers and Smoothies)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21851 times
Fluffy and super crispy Onion Rings have the power to transform a boring afternoon into a super exciting one!
This delicious snack, which is a favourite with all age groups – especially kids – can be easily made at home provided you know a few simple secrets.
A dash of baking powder to make the rings puff up, and a little powdered sugar to get an attractive brown colour, not to forget a lacing of herby flavours and peppy chaat masala.
And there, you have an irresistible snack that is a must-have on a Burgers platter! Burger plus Onion Rings plus a drink is the world’s most awesome snack combo.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, garlic paste, oregano, baking powder, powdered sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Cover the batter with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip the onion rings one by one in the batter till they are evenly coated form all the sides and deep-fry in hot oil on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. You can deep-fry 4 to 5 onion rings at a time. Drain on an absorbent
- Sprinkle some chaat masala over the onion rings immediately and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||228.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.