Top 10 Indian Capsicum Recipes, Shimla Mirch, Bell Peppers Veg Recipes
Top 10 Indian Capsicum Recipes. Best Shimla mirch recipes. Capsicum, popularly known as Shimla Mirch is also known as Bell pepper or sweet pepper. It is available in three varieties – green, yellow and red. They usually accompany other vegetables in various dishes but are rarely enjoyed as it is. The sweet, pungent flavour and crunch of the capsicum make it a versatile ingredient.
Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. They are rich in vitamins especially B-vitamins like B3 and B6 and Vitamin E and also increases your metabolic rate. Capsaicin, an ingredient found in capsicum is beneficial in treating arthritis. It also effectively opens and drains congested nasal passages. Bell peppers, especially the yellow and red ones, are rich in carotenoids.
Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. Read about 11 Super Health Benefits of Capsicum.
Indian Cooking with Capsicum, Shimla Mirch
1. Capsicum is the perfect ingredient to combine with other vegetable and make a delicious appetizer. Make these Corn and Capsicum Tikki for your next party, the oh-so-crisp texture on the outside and super soft inside makes an irresistible snack.
Corn and Capsicum Tikki
2. Just like onion rings, you can make these Capsicum rings, Jain -friendly crispies with a truly snazzy flavour that tickles your taste buds. You can toss them in ingredients like spring onions, ginger and green chillies, not to forget the Schezuan sauce, which gives it the characteristic Oriental touch and create this brilliant starter Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce.
Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce
3. When mixed together with veggies like corn and paneer, capsicum makes a colourful and filling stuffing for sandwich and rolls. This Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich is an outburst of colour, crunch and flavour.
Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
You can even make a Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich which has an array of flavours because of the zucchini, pungent capsicum, peppy herbs and spices.
Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich
4. Capsicum can be used to make diverse Indian foods like chutney, pickle, pulao, sabzi, etc. Sabzi like Pineapple, Capsicum and Tomato Subzi or Paneer, Corn and Capsicum Subzi are extremely flavorful and a combination that you must try.
Pineapple, Capsicum and Tomato Sabzi
5. Capsicum Chutney made in a typical South Indian method makes a felicitous accompaniment for idli, dosa and hot steamed rice. You can even make a small batch of this Quick Carrot and Capsicum Pickle and store it in the refrigerator in a dry and clean airtight container for three or four days and savour with hot parathas.
Quick Carrot and Capsicum Pickle
6. How about adding capsicum to paratha dough? Liked the idea? Try the recipe of Herbed Capsicum Paratha. Colourful bell peppers with wheat flour, oregano and chilli flakes and kneaded, rolled and cooked on tava.
Herbed Capsicum Paratha
7. Capsicum features on an Italian menu as well. From Pesto and Red Capsicum Bruschetta to Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizza, capsicum adds its colour and flavour to these delicacies.
Pesto and Roasted Red Capsicum Bruschetta
8. You can also add it to rice and make Baby Corn and Capsicum Rice for your kid’s tiffin. It is a satisfying meal for a dabba. Kids are sure to enjoy it with their friends.
Baby Corn and Capsicum Rice
9. Red bell peppers are a welcome addition to soups too. The red capsicum, which is sweet in taste is the most preferred. Oats and Roasted Capsicum Soup, is a bright coloured soup which is ready in just 20 minutes. Moreover, it’s healthy too. Filled with vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber it’s a nourishing bowl you must not miss on.
Oats and Roasted Capsicum Soup
10. Ah! The Roasted Bell Pepper Dip. One of the quick and easy recipe which is best suited for any party. Blended with mayonnaise and herbs, this dip pairs well with any kind of chips, bread sticks, French fries and pizza sticks.