by Tarla Dalal
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Cabbage Poriyal in Gujarati)
Added to 150 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90386 times
Poriyal is any dry vegetable preparation flavoured with generous amounts of fresh grated coconut. Cabbage tempered with mustard seeds and dry red chillies makes a delightful accompaniment to any South Indian main course.
- Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies dry red chillies, curry leaves and turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, salt, ¼ cup of water and cook over a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the cabbage is tender, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coconut.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.