Herbed Capsicum Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107002 times
A unique paratha with a Mexican touch that you will relish! Thankfully, this tasty treat is also quick and easy to make because all the ingredients are combined with the whole wheat flour in one shot to make the paratha dough, rather than the cumbersome process of stuffing them.
You will surely enjoy the crunch of veggies, and the tingling notes of spices and herbs, which are abundant in this Herbed Capsicum Paratha. Chop the capsicum finely, to make it easy to roll the parathas. Since very little oil is used in cooking these parathas , make sure you serve them immediately.
Diabetics are sure to enjoy this super tasty and healthy treat, which imparts an interesting international dimension to a routine meal, without taboo ingredients like maida and cheese.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle)and cook the paratha using ¼ tsp of oil till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.