Paneer, Corn and Capsicum Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35233 times
While you would surely have tried the common combo of paneer and green peas, here is a mind-blowing preparation of paneer with sweet corn, perked up with crisp capsicum, green chillies, ginger and spices. One exciting aspect of Paneer Makai is that sweet corn is used both in whole and puree form, so its flavour is very dominant, making every mouthful a pleasurable experience.
- Combine the sweet corn kernels and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a coarse paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep pan, add the capsicums and paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till they are lightly browned, remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the corn purée, green chillies, ginger and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the boiled corn, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sautéed capsicum, paneer and mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with parathas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.