Pineapple, Capsicum and Tomato Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 140 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37188 times
Here comes a chunky subzi with a tangy taste that will tickle your taste buds! The teamwork of pineapple, capsicum and tomatoes produces an excellent mix of flavours and textures, ranging from crisp to juicy and tangy to spicy.
Carom seeds and sesame seeds along with a couple of spice powders add to the natural flavour of the veggies making this an accompaniment par excellence. What makes this subzi all the more interesting is the fact that it uses simple, everyday spices and powders, and the procedure is also hassle-free, so you can opt to make this on any day.
Serve with rotis or parathas .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pineapple, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carom seeds, sesame seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut and coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.