Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 359 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112405 times
Every bite of this sandwich features an outburst of colour, crunch and flavour.
An apt combination of juicy sweet corn and crispy spicy capsicum, this sandwich has a very balanced flavour, further enhanced with naturally pungent ingredients like green chillies, onion and garlic.
Serve the Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich fresh off the griller with tomato ketchup.
You can also try other grilled sandwiches like Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich and Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-sick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool completely.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and butter them lightly.
- Spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Brush a little butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.