Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17611 times
A perfect balance of textures and flavours makes the Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich a delight to relish!
Mellow zucchini, pungent capsicum, peppy herbs and spiky spices come together to make a mind-boggling filling for mustard-lined hot dog rolls.
Cheese cubes are also added to this arrangement as they melt when grilled, lending an irresistible flavour and texture to the sandwich. Serve the Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich immediately after grilling with tangy tomato ketchup.
You can also try other interesting snacks with zucchini like Cheesy Zucchini and Baby Corn Pizza and Corn and Zucchini Savoury Tarts .
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the coloured capsicum, zucchini, garlic and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes and mixed herbs and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut a hot dog roll horizontally into 2 equal halves.
- Place both the hot dog roll halves on a clean, dry surface. Apply ¼ tsp of mustard paste on each of the halves.
- Spread 1 portion of the prepared filling evenly on the lower half of the hot dog roll. Arrange 3 cheese cubes evenly over it and sandwich it with the upper half of the hot dog roll with the mustard paste side facing downwards.
- Brush some butter on top of the hot dog roll and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||434.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||44 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.