Corn and Zucchini Savoury Tarts
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22454 times
Here, a superlatively tasty mix of sweet corn, zucchini and capsicum in white sauce adorns crispy savoury tarts. What makes the topping so amazing is the addition of herbs, seasonings and Schezwan sauce, which transform the mellow white sauce based mix into a tongue-tickling treat.
An exquisite garnish of spring onion whites and greens adds more punch to the Corn and Zucchini Savoury Tarts, making it impossible to say ‘no’ to a second helping.
These tarts make a wonderful teatime treat .
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1/2 cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan very well.
- Dip the tart mould in the hot oil. And allow it to heat up for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the tart mould from the oil and dip the mould into the batter taking care that the mould is evenly coated with the batter.
- Dip the mould again in the hot oil and as the tart cooks, loosen the tart slightly using a fork and deep-fry till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 19 more tarts.
- Cool, store in an air-tight container. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the zucchini and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, coloured capsicum, , schezwan sauce, dried oregano, chilli flakes and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the white sauce and mix well.
- Put approx. 2 tbsp of the prepared topping in each savoury tart.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
Nutrient values per tart
|Vitamin A||7037.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||6.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||105.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||108.4 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.