Quick Carrot and Capsicum Pickle
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38288 times
Quick pickles like this always come in handy when your taste buds yearn for a bit of fun, but you don’t have the patience to make a traditional pickle that involves maturing, drying, etc.
Although it takes very little time to prepare, this unique pickle of carrot and capsicum has a very exhilarating flavour, thanks to a masala mixture that combines a couple of seeds and spices. You can especially notice the brilliant flavours of mustard and fenugreek in this Quick Carrot and Capsicum Pickle.
You can make a small batch of this and store it in the refrigerator in a dry and clean airtight container for three or four days.
In the quest for quick and easy accompaniments, try the Instant Mango Pickle and the Instant Chilli Pickle too.
- Combine the masala mixture, carrot and capsicum in deep a bowl and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the mustard oil and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the hot oil over the carrot and capsicum masala mixture and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Cool completely, serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and refrigerate till use.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.