Pesto and Roasted Red Capsicum Bruschetta
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5758 times
Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer made of grilled bread brushed with butter or olive oil, and then topped with any veggies or sauces of your choice.
In this irresistible version, the bruschetta is topped with pesto, a traditional sauce that is rich in basil, walnuts and garlic, and with roasted capsicum.
Roasting the capsicum with the skin on, and then peeling and cutting it, gives a unique aroma and texture to the Pesto and Roasted Red Capsicum Bruschetta.
Garnished with cheese and seasoned with chill flakes, the bruschetta is a starter that will win a lot of wows, with its good looks and awesome taste.
However, remember that the bruschetta must be served fresh, to enjoy the crispness of the bread, which might get rubbery after a while.
You can also try other bruschettas like Asparagus Bruschetta , Grilled Pepper Bruschetta and Tomato and Basil Bruschetta .
- Cut each french bread into medium sized slices.
- Apply butter on each bread slice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 to 12 minutes or till they turn crisp. Keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach and basil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh it with cold water.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Apply oil all over the capsicum, insert a fork and roast on an open flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Wash thoroughly and remove all the black skin. Cut, deseed and chop.
- Combine the prepared pesto and chopped red capsicum in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Put a little mixture on each toasted bread slice.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese and chilli flakes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.